Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

♥My Favorite Masks/ Packs ♥

This post will be all about my favorite and weekly used facial masks and packs. Before leaving to Korea I did not care too much for my skin and occasionally used facial sheet mask (which probably explains my crazy acne breakouts), but I discovered a whole new world of skin care during my time there.

My first product is the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (with scoria and green complex)
I use this clay mask once a week to tighten up the pores that got bigger because of all the makeup. There is not much to explain about the formula as it is a clay-base so you put it on and wait till it dries up. I apply it with a mask brush because I feel I save more product that way, but using your fingers work perfectly well. This product is very popular in Korea, and I had to go to several stores to find it because it was all sold out. After cleaning my face, I apply my toner first (in case of any excess makeup) and apply a thin layer of this product with my brush. It usually takes15-20 minutes to completely dry. When washing off the product I gently massage the mask because it consists of minuscule beads that makes my pores squeaky clean. It definitely cleans and tightens up my pores mostly on my cheeks and forhead, but it does not get rid of a lot of the blackheads on my nose.


Overall, after using this product my face looks a lot brighter and my makeup looks a lot better the following day. 


My second product is the Face Shop White Jewel Peeling Mask
The name of the product basically sums of the product. It has a liquid-gel type formula that you massage all over your face to peel off all the dead skin cells as well as any dirt or leftover makeup. It works really quickly and it even gets the dead skin cells off my fingers as I apply the product. The directions say to massage it for 1~2 minutes but I only do it for 30 seconds and it still gets the work done. My face definitely looks a lot brighter and it becomes significantly softer. However, one important thing to note about peeling masks is the after care. Yes, peeling masks help to remove all the bad things on your face but it also removes a lot of the good things-- so moisturizing is KEY after using any peeling mask. I use this product once a week. 

This is the current peeling mask I am using, but my favorite one is the Innisfree Green Barley Gommage Peeling. I use the Faceshop Peeling Mask for 30 seconds because it makes my face sting if I use it any longer. It doesn't cause me any break out; however, it is not as gentle as the Innisfree Green Barley Peeling Mask-- I really recommend this one. Unfortunately, I couldn't buy the Innisfree one due to luggage weight, but it's AMAZING (just using the samples they gave me made a big difference). 

My third product is the Faceshop Volcano Clay Black Head Clay Nose Pack--my holy grail mask for my nasty blackheads. 
When it comes to masks, I prefer clay one because it just works the best for my skin. You basically spread a thin layer on your nose, wait for it to completely dry, and peel it off. As nasty as it may sound, your white heads and blackheads come off as you peel it. Something I recommend doing is using a dampened warm/hot towel and placing it over the nose for about thirty seconds (when I'm lazy I just cup hot water into my hands and place it on my nose :)). This will work to open up the pores/blackheads/ whiteheads on your nose. After drying the water, quickly apply a thin layer until it dries. After peeling the product off, I soak my nose in ice cold water to tighten/close up my clean nose.:)

Another product from the same line is the FaceShop Black Head Heating Gel Mask. 

I definitely find myself reaching for the Clay Mask rather than the Heating Gel Mask, but the Gel Mask is a lot more gentle. The product literally heats up your nose as you apply it and the directions say to massage it for about 10-15 minutes. As you massage the product, the clear gel turns into a grayish color. It contain minuscule beads to gently clean out the blackheads and the pores in your nose. 

My final products are the facial sheet masks. 
I feel like one dollar sheet masks work as well as expensive ones. Two tips I have are (1) keep them refrigerated and (2) don't keep them on for more than 20 minutes. 

Keeping the masks refrigerated will give your tired skin a cooling effect when applied on your face, which will work better to soak in the nutrients. ;)  Cheap masks work really well, but it is not recommended to keep them on for a long time. I know some people wait till the mask completely dries but your face probably soaked up the nutrients on the mask within the 20 minutes and keeping it on any longer will not allow your skin to breathe.

Another easy mask to try is the the egg white mask. I don't do this often, but I notice significant differences when I do. First, separate the white and yolk from an egg; second, beat the white until it becomes like bubbly foam; third, apply it all over your face- either with a brush or your fingers; fourth, wait for it to dry; and lastly, wash it off.

The egg white mask is already quite known, but from experience it really works. Your makeup the next day looks noticeably better and your skin gets brighter. BUT don't forget to use fresh eggs! :)


Hope this post was interesting and you got something out of it!
Thanks for dropping by!♥♥♥


2 comments:

  1. You can buy all these products off ebay which is cheaper than going into your local Faceshop in LA or something!! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh awesome! I bought these all in Korea so I will be sure to order them after!:) thanks

    ReplyDelete