Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Product MUST HAVES: Benefit, Bobbi Brown, MAC



The products that I will be discussing in today's post are some of my makeup MUST HAVES!

Benefit POREfessional

       My first MUST HAVE item is the POREfessional by Benefit. I've been very negligent about applying face primers for quite some time now. I don't understand why because it does wonders! This specific primer doesn't really need much explanation because it's already known to be AMAZING. After application, my face looks a lot smoothers and my face makeup lasts double the time. It's super lightweight and silky! It leaves a SUPER thin silicone-like layer on your face that makes applying concealer easier -- it blends better and looks smoother... My nose also tends to peel  a lot but after applying the porefessional, my nose looks a lot smoother so it doesn't make the makeup on my nose look cakey. It's around $31-- not cheap but DEFINITELY worth it.  It comes with 0.75 fl. oz of product but a little goes a long way. You don't really need to apply it all over your face. I apply it in the center of my face(nose, t-zone, and inner cheeks). I really recommend you guys buy it! I will be repurchasing.


Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (in Beige) 


After doing some research on concealers, I decided to purchase the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer. It was recommended for people with dry skin. Because there is a wide color selection, a Bobbi Brown makeup artist helped me choose my shade. This color is seriously PERFECT for my skin color-- especially my under-eye. Before purchasing this, I used the well-known Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, but I did not like it. It just made my under-eye area look dry with no coverage. However after the makeup artist applied this shade on my under-eye, my eyes looked so much brighter. Even my mom commented on how bright my eyes looked.The concealer does transfer so I recommend applying a setting powder over it. When I first bought this product, it looked a lot smaller than it did in pictures-- my mom thought it was a sample they gave me. Because it is a creamy concealer, a small amount goes a long way. For 0.05 fl. oz, it is ~$27. I will be repurchasing this again. Bobbi Brown also has a stick type concealer. The makeup artist recommended the Creamy Concealer for the under-eye and the stick concealer for the face!

MAC Lipsticks

Sheen Supreme Lipstick _Zen Rose (second picture, first swatch) 
This is my favorite lipstick among the four I have swatched above. It's a beautiful mid-toned orchid color (in my opinion). :) Because it is a Sheen Supreme, it requires a bit of layering if you want the whole color payoff. It is not as opaque as the other lipsticks I will be discussing. It applies like a lip butter, so I don't need to moisturize my lip before application. One downfall to this is that the lipstick requires quite a lot of reapplication. It does not stain the lips at all, but the color is beautiful. The Sheen Supreme collection cost a few more dollars than the regular ones-- maybe because the packaging is a bit different from the regular mac lipstick tubes (first picture, fourth tube)? Not sure. It costs $18. I find this color to be perfect even for the fall and winter. 


Amplified_ Impassioned (second picture, second swatch)
I bought this lipstick after seeing several Korean celebrities sporting this lipstick. It's a very bright/ vibrant fuchsia- pink. It's a very different formula from the Sheen Supreme lipsticks, and one layer is enough to get the color payoff--SUPER OPAQUE. I was very impressed with this lipstick because one layer lasted me about 7-8 hours, even after eating and drinking. It has a staining effect and after an hour or so, there is no transfer. It costs $16. For people who are scared of trying bright colors, try doing gradient lips with this lipstick.


Amplified_ Vegas Volt (second picture, third swatch)
Vegas Volt is a orange-pink toned (coral) lipstick. Because it is an amplified formula, it's super vibrant and pigmented. I was looking for an orange lipstick, but didn't want one that was super ORANGE like Mac's Morange. If you're looking for an orange/coral color because straight out orange is too much...   this is the one! However, unlike Impassioned, this color requires reapplication throughout the day. It costs $16.

Cremesheen _Sunny Seoul (second picture, fourth swatch)
Because I've been buying very vibrant and bright lip colors, I wanted something light/ subtle. The name of this lipstick first caught my attention! This lipstick is a beautiful pink lipstick. Because it is Cremesheen formula, it doesn't last that long. Although it gives off a slight glossy finish, I recommend you exfoliate your lips before applying this color but it accentuates dryness/ peeling/ lines. To get the full color payoff, it does require a few layers. If you want a color that's 'your lip but better," one layer will give you a good pinky/sheer color. If you want the full color, apply more layers. It costs $16.

I definitely recommend all four of these lipsticks. I tried my best to portray the lipstick true to color (on the picture), but it's not quite right. Drop by a MAC store and see the colors for yourself! They are beautiful!!

                                                     Thanks for dropping by! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment