Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

My Daily Night Time Routine ♥

Hello again! :) My first official post will be my daily night time routine. I will be giving my opinions on the products I use and the steps I take! Hope you enjoy!  


Removing the Makeup: Eye/Face

This is the most important step! Firstly, I have been using the Maybelline Clean Express Wateproof Eye Makeup Remover and I really like it. The bottle says its oil-free, but I'm not completely sure about that. It does a great job getting my makeup off and doesn't cause irritation like many other removers do. I use the waterproof eye makeup remover by applying the remover onto a cotton pad. It's important not to rub the cotton when you put it on your eye.To get the makeup off, gently place the cotton on the eye and wait for the remover to dissolve the stubborn makeup. Then, dip cutips into the remover to get any leftover eyeliner or mascara. For the face, I use makeup wipes. I have been using the Costo Kirkland Facial Wipes for years and they work perfectly well for me. It's gentle on the face, but get a lot of the makeup off. Because I'm running low, I picked up the L'Oreal Ideal Clean removers, but haven't tried them yet. A tip for make-up wipes is leave them in the refrigerator. It has a cooling effect and the wipes won't dry up. 


Cleanser

I use the Iope Derma Professional Auto Cleanser along with the Kracie Naive Face Wash to cleanse my face. I REALLY LOVE my Iope Cleanser. The idea is similar to a Clarisonic but it's something I can use everyday. It gets all the excess makeup and my pores clean! Last year, I broke out several times without a reason, but after using this cleanser, I realized it was because I didn't wash off my makeup completely.
I picked up the Kracie Naive Face Wash at an Asian beauty store and it seems to work well. No breakouts.After using the Iope Cleanser, I use the Victoria Lanolin-Agg-Tval Swedish Eggwhite Soap as my last step. When I was in Korea, my aunt bought me this soap because my skin was so bad. Egg whites are known to tighten up pores and the soap has been doing me well.



Toner and Lotion 
I included three of the toner I have been using for the past few months. I began using the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 about a year ago. Apparently, toner with alcohol is not recommended because it drys the skin, but it works to get the excess makeup off even after cleaning the face (yes, there is still makeup left even after washing it.) I didn't experience any breakouts with the Clarifying Lotion, but the alcohol smell really bothered me a lot. After returning from Korea, I started breaking out a little so I bought the Clinique Acne Solution Clarifying Lotion, which was highly recommended. It consists of salicylic acid so I thought it would work but it actually worsened my skin. My skin got extremely dry and I broke out even more. My third solution was trying a toner that was alcohol-free so I got my hands on the Clarins Toning Lotion- Normal/Dry Skin. I really like it so far! Because it's alcohol-free it very gentle on the face and I didn't experience any breakout- it smells very sweet too! 
My favorite lotion has been the Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Lotion +. I've been using this lotion for the past year as well and it definitely keeps my skin hydrated and it is very lightweight. 

Moisturize/Cream  
I use the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator to follow up my routine. I have extremely dry skin and I find this moisturizer to work the best. It absorbs pretty quickly, but I would not say it is lightweight, which is good for moisturizers you put on at night. Then, I use either my Innisfree bija anti-trouble spot essence W (for white heads/ just forming pimples) or the Innisfree bija anti-trouble spot essence R (for redder pimples/ scars). Theses products were recommended to me by a friend so I picked them up while I was in Korea. There are no quick noticeable differences but the essence R really helped the scars on my forehead face away. 
For eye cream, I use the Nature Republic Original Power Wrinkle Eye Cream. I'm pretty neutral about this product. I don't yet have saggy or noticeable wrinkly eyes so I can't really tell if the product works. But I heard women should start putting eye cream at a younger age! 

Acne/ Pimple Treatment
Pretty much my holy grail! This is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. You use a cutip to get the pink product on the bottom and dab it on any new pimples or existing ones. It works the fastest and gets the work done. I put it on before I sleep and my pimples usually get smaller by the morning. :) You can either order it online or buy it at Nordstrom or Ulta. 

I don't always use this product, but it's the Nature Republic Argan Oil. On days when my skin looks extra tired or dry, I mix two or so drops with my Clinique Moisturizer and use it as a sleeping pack to rehydrate my face. 

This then concludes my Daily Night Time Routine. I hope it helped!   









1 comment: