Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Beauty Product Reviews ❤ ❤




Dove Dry Shampoo 

I've tried a handful of dry shampoos but this is by far my favorite one. It doesn't leave any white residue in my hair. Other dry shampoos I have used did absorb the oil and gave good volume but my hair didn't really feel that clean. Does it make sense to say that I could "feel the dry shampoo" throughout the day? Anyways, this dry shampoo really makes my hair feel refreshed. It's not up to the point where it feels as if I washed my hair, but it does come close! In addition, I'm very sensitive to smell and most dry shampoos have a "hairspray"like smell that lasts throughout the whole day. However, the smell of this dry shampoo fades throughout the day which is a PLUS for me. I really recommend this and would purchase this again. This product ranges from $4-$5.

Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Sunscreen 

After learning about the importance of applying sunscreen to my face, I realized I was neglecting applying it to my body. Among countless numbers of sunscreens at Target, I chose the Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Sunscreen because the application was super easy and the cooling effect helped to refresh my skin. The only con about this product is the smell. In my opinion, as soon as you apply it there is a strong alcohol smell that turns into a bug repellent-like smell. It's not a bad smell but it is pretty strong. It does fade throughout the day but very slowly. The product is not greasy and it absorbs pretty quickly. However, I would not purchase this product again because of the scent. It ranges from $9-$11.

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack _EX

I can easily say the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack is my favorite facial masks. I discovered this product while I was in Korea and initially bought it for my mom. My mom's skin would look super hydrated and refreshed the next day after she used it so I gave it a try. It has become a staple product and I use this mask every other night. Although this is a sleeping pack, I also use it before applying my makeup. One of my biggest concerns when applying makeup is my nose. My nose tends to peel a lot because of seasonal changes, so I apply a thin layer of this pack on my nose before applying foundation/concealer and it hydrates it right away--no dry/ flaky patches at all. An exciting fact about this product is that Target now sells Laneige products, of which this water sleeping pack is included. YAY! I already bought one at Target and will continue to purchase it again. The price ranges from $25-$30. 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream 


I was excited to use a product from the First Aid Beauty line but this product did not really live up to my expectations. I have been using this moisturizer for a good 4 months, but it has not done much to my skin. I bought this thinking it would be a decent moisturizer to use during the summer time, but it doesn't give me enough hydration. I feel this product is best suited for oily/ combination skin types-- if it is used for the face. I would not purchase this product. The product is $28.

Salon  Perfect Brow Sculpting Gel 


I was looking for a new brow gel and came across this one. I never heard of it, but it was the last one in the store so I assumed it was a popular product. It is a simple clear brow gel, and I really like it. It gets the job done and makes my brows stay in place throughout the day. It smells and acts like a hairspray for your brows.  I would purchase this brow gel again but not in clear. This product is $3-- VERY INEXPENSIVE.

Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara (left) & Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara (right)


I was never really into mascaras until I came upon the Korean television show "Roommate." Nana, a member from the K-pop group After School/ Orange Caramel, had AMAZING lashes. I never cared to apply mascara to the bottom of my lashes until I saw her lashes. Because I wasn't really blessed with long lashes, especially my lower lashes, I wanted a mascara brush small enough to fully coat my lower lashes. I came upon the Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara, which I LOVE. It comes with two brushes perfectly sized for your upper and lower lashes. Applying mascara to the bottom lashes really opens up a person's eyes! This products volumizes and lengthens them! I really recommend it. This product comes in regular and waterproof, but I prefer and recommend the waterproof one because it holds the curl longer throughout the day. I would purchase this product again, and the price ranges from $7- $9.

The Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara is a sample- sized product that my mom received from a gift set (the sets you get after spending a certain amount) . My mom has a good amount of sample sized mascaras that she has received from gifts sets, but this one stood out because of the packaging. I used it one day and fell in love. The formula coats the lashes smoothly and one coat is seriously enough... It does a perfect job of volumizing and lengthening to make your eyes look brighter and wider. My lashes look super full without looking clumpy. After I run out of sample size, I will most definitely be purchasing this product. The price is $26.

Urban Decay Naked Flushed- Native



I really recommend this product to everyone. It's a bronzer/highlighter/ blush palette perfect for the summer. The palette comes in different shades and colors, but I felt this one (native) fit my face tone the best. It is highly pigmented and blends very well. I would not purchase this product again only because I feel I would get tired of the colors. The price is $30, which is a VERY GOOD deal for a bronzer/ highlighter/blush.

Laura Mercier Creme Eye Liner 


I'm absolutely in love with this liner. A makeup artist at Sephora recommended this liner saying that it is one of the top gel liners in the store-- I understand why it is. It is SUPER creamy and pigmented that I actually had difficulty using it in the beginning. I got the color Espresso, which comes off as a dark brown on my skin tone. There is a surprisingly decent amount of product, and a slight "dab" is enough for both eyes. It is waterproof so it doesn't smudge even if I use it to tight line my eyes. I know many gel liners that claim to be smudge/ waterproof smear by the end of the day but this does not! Because it is a cream base you do need to give it some time to settle and dry. I would definitely purchase this product again. The price is $23.

Super Booster Teeth Whitening Pen


This teeth whitening pen from Whitening Lightening is my favorite because it doesn't cause any sensitivity to my teeth. When I first started whitening my teeth, I went to the dentist who put me on the Opalescence tooth whitening system. Yes, it whitened my teeth but it was so painful. After finishing the system, I came across this pen, which claimed to cause no sensitivity. Surprisingly, it did not cause any sensitivity. Other than it not causing sensitivity, the pen is not as convenient as it claims to be because it requires you to smile until the product is dry. It may differ for people, but this product doesn't dry that quickly for me so I resorted to using cool air from my hair dryer. After use, it leaves small white marks on some parts of my teeth but it goes away the next day. I would purchase products from this line again. The price is $79 but the website always has good deals (as of now it is $29). Here is the website http://www.whiteninglightning.com/

Revlon Lip Butter (Sweet Tart -left & Juicy Papaya- right) 


I've always heard good things about the Revlon Lip Butters, but never got around to trying them out. I first purchased Sweet Tart and loved everything about it. It is super pigmented and the color is very buildable. I was a bit hesitant to try the color out because it is pretty vibrant but I gave it a go because I felt it was very suitable for the summer. It comes off as a vibrant hot pink color on my lips. Because it is a lip butter, it hydrates my lips without drying them out later during the day. It isn't a tint so the color does transfer if you drink water and such but if left alone the color lasts for hours-- doesn't require frequent touchups. Juicy Papaya (on the right) is from the same line, but it comes off a lot more natural.  I would purchase these lip butter again and the price ranges from $7-$10. 

e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator 


A friend of mine recommended this product to me. I find it very useful to use before applying a lip product with color. It smells like coconut and it seems to be made up with brown sugar. It is super inexpensive ($3) and gets the job done. I would definitely purchase this product again.

NYX Butter Gloss (Apple Strudel & Eclair)


 Before buying the NYX butter glosses, I heard so many good things about them that my expectations were EXTREMELY high. When I got the product, I was EXTREMELY disappointed... I didn't get the hype. I mean it smelt really good as the reviews stated but the color payoff was horrible on my lips. It looked pretty in swatches but the color did not look appealing on MY lips (this is just my experience). It was a lot sheerer than I expected and although the color is buildable, the gloss was too thick for my preference. I mean I will probably still use these products over a tint but would not purchase it again. I bought this in a trio set for $12. I gave Cherry Pie, the third color, to my sister. It suited her lips well.

I always love reading reviews on products before purchasing them. I hope my reviews were helpful to you! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Thanks so much for dropping by!

                                                                             ❤ Ahra 








No comments:

Post a Comment