Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Favorite Lip Products ☆☆

Hello! My second official post will be about my favorite lip products! For a while, I only used lip tints because they were a quick and easy way to bring color to the lips. However, I recently discovered some awesome L'Oreal lip glosses I will be discussing below! As of now, my collection only consists of tints and glosses. I've been out on a hunt for the perfect lipstick color, but I just feel like lipsticks don't work with my lips-- no matter what color or brand, I look like a little girl putting on a mom's lipstick. If I do find the one for my lip color, I will be sure to update! ♥ Hope you enjoy!


Blistex Lip Medex

This is my ultimate favorite lip balm. It's an inexpensive product you can pick up at any drug store. It works the best after Vaselines. What I like about this product is that it gives a cooling relief when applied. Also, many lip balms I have tried always make my lips peel (even Burt's Bees), but this one doesn't. The size of the balm makes it very easy to carry around and the balm also has a minty scent to it, so it gives your mouth a freshened feel. I always apply this balm before I sleep to make my lip products apply easily the next day. 

L'Oreal Paris Colour Caresse Wet Shine Lip Stain 
This product stood out to me because I heard it was a dupe for the YSL's Rouge Pur Couture. Firstly, I really like the gold packaging and how we are able to see the colors-- this made it so much easier to choose. I picked up # 184 Rose On and On, which is a light pink/ rosy color. The gloss has a floral scent that isn't too harsh and comes with a doe-foot applicator. It applies very smoothly and a small amount goes a long way. The consistency of product is like a lip-gloss, but the color stains your lips after being applied. So, the glossiness goes away after a few hours, but the stain last for a longer time (from 9:30 AM - 5 PM I only applied the stain twice). One con about this product is that it peels my lips towards the end of the day, but other than that I'm really satisfied! 

L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color
My second favorite is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color in #500 Molto Mauve. This is a darker pink lip gloss. Though the gold packaging is very pretty, the color printed is not true to color. It also comes with a doe-foot applicator. The smell of this lip gloss is very sweet, but not in a bad way. This product is pretty much a lip gloss-- it doesn't stain the lips at all. The consistency of the product is pretty thick and it applies very smoothly. Because the color does not stain, it requires quite a bit of re-application through-out the day--usually after eating. On days when I want to tone down the color of my lip, I reach for this product! However, like my previous L'Oreal product it makes my lips peel :/ 

Innisfree Glossy Lip Locker
The Innisfree Glossy Lip Locker in #6 Maple Burgundy is my least favorite lip product. I know the topic of my post is "my favorite lip product" but I decided to include this because I love everything about it except the color. It has a thick consistency that tints my lips but the color that come off of my lips is not the color of the gloss in the package. The color comes off as a lighter red rather than burgundy (darker/richer red). It comes with a flocked doe-foot applicator and it doesn't have any scent. 

Benefit Cha Cha Tint  
My favorite coral tint is the Benefit Cha Cha Tint. The tint is long-lasting and it's also natural looking. On days when I'm running late, I'm always reaching for this product. It also works as a blush so thumbs-up for its multi-purpose use. One thing I don't like about this product is the brush applicator. I find that it applies somewhat unevenly. I enjoy using tints in a gradation effect of putting the color emphasis on the inner lips and gradually pulling the color out and this tint works the best for that! 

Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint

This product is a recently discovered JEWEL! During my time in Korea, I learned that tints were a huge thing so I followed the trend and bought a whole bunch before coming back. Just a few days ago, I opened the package and I fell in love with the scent. It's not anything unique but it has a very sweet cherry-scent-- it really makes you want to eat it. The color is RD 301 앵두알 맑은 틴트 and it comes with a flocked doe-foot applicator. I was surprised to see that the color was a brighter pink tone- almost a hot pink. I was pretty excited because it looked similar to the one Jun Ji Hyun, a famous Korea actress, wore in the drama My Love From the Star. It applied a litter darker/ redder than I expected, but was surprised me was how long-lasting it was. I put it on at around 9:30 AM and my lips were still stained by 5:00 PM-- without any reapplication. 

Innisfree Echo Fruit Tint & A'pieu Pure Tint

To continue my purchases of tints in Korea, I've also been using the Innisfree Echo Fruit Tint in #01 Cherry and the A'Pieu Pure Tint in Cherry. I find myself buying a lot of cherry tints because it works well for the gradation effect. These two tints are just basics I carry around in my backpack or bag with me all the time. On days when I don't put on makeup but still want some color, I reach for these tints. They are a pure liquid tint and they both come with a flocked doe-foot applicator. They both smell like cherry cough medication. 

☆☆☆ I have swatched all of the products reviewed above. 

         1. L'Oreal Paris Colour Caresse Wet Shine Lip Stain 
         2. L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color 
         3. Innisfree Glossy Lip Locker 
         4. Benefit Cha Cha Tint 
         5. Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint 
         6. Innisfree Echo Fruit Tint & A'Pieu Pure Tint 


☆☆☆Theses are swatches of the products after I wiped it with a cotton pad. As I stated before, the L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color wiped away completely but it still left the glossy feel. 


☆☆☆ These are swatches of the products after wiping them with makeup wipes. The two most visible and long-lasting ones were the Benefit Cha Cha Tint and the Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint. 

Thanks so much to everyone who dropped by! ♥ I hope you got something out of it! :) 

With Love, 
Ahra 


















No comments:

Post a Comment